Parsnip Peanut Soup
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Serves: 4Ingredients:1 tbsp peanut oil1 large yellow onion, chopped4 garlic cloves, minced2 tbsp fresh ginger pureeSalt and black pepper to taste2 tsp cumin powder¼ tsp chili pepper1 ½ lb parsnips, peeled and diced1 cup crushed tomatoes½ cup peanut butter4 cups chicken broth3 tbsp heavy cream2 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro3 tbsp toasted peanuts, choppedInstructions
- Set the IP in Sauté mode and adjust to Medium heat.
- Heat the peanut oil in the inner pot and stir-fry the onion, garlic, ginger, salt, black pepper, cumin powder, and chili pepper for 1 minute.
- Stir in the parsnips, tomatoes, peanut butter, and chicken broth.
- Lock the lid in place; select Manual mode on High Pressure and set the timer to 4 minutes.
- After cooking, perform a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, then a quick pressure release to let out the remaining steam, and open the lid.
- Add the heavy cream and using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth. Adjust the taste with salt and black pepper.
- Dish into serving bowls, garnish with the cilantro, peanuts, and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts per ServingCalories 292 | Fats 15.17g | Carbs 27.3g | Net Carbs 19.2g | Protein 5.95g