Creamy Tomato Soup
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 17 minutes | Serves: 4Ingredients:¼ cup unsalted butter1 medium onion, thinly sliced2 garlic cloves, minced2 cups canned whole tomatoes2 cups chicken stock10 sprigs fresh thyme, tied together2 tsp swerve sugar, divided½ cup coconut creamSalt and black pepper to tasteInstructions
- Set the IP in Sauté mode and adjust to Medium heat.
- Melt the butter in the inner pot and sauté the onion until softened, 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken stock, thyme, and swerve sugar.
- Lock the lid in place; select Manual mode on High Pressure and set the timer to 3 minutes.
- After cooking, perform a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, then a quick pressure release to let out the remaining steam, and open the lid.
- Remove the thyme and using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth. Mix in the coconut cream and adjust the taste with salt and black pepper.
- Dish the soup and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts per ServingCalories 190 | Fats 18.28g | Carbs 6.85g | Net Carbs 5.25g | Protein 2.33g