Mexican Pork Stew
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 43 minutes | Serves: 4Ingredients:3 tbsp lard1 lb pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubesSalt and black pepper to taste1 cup chopped zucchinis1 cup chicken broth1 small yellow onion, chopped2 tsp cumin powder2 tsp garlic powder1 tsp smoked paprika4 cups chopped spinach2 large avocados, pitted and chopped2 tbsp chopped green chilies1 cup chopped fresh cilantro1 lime, cut into wedges for servingInstructions
- Set the IP in Sauté mode and adjust to Medium heat.
- Heat the lard in the inner pot, season the pork with salt and black pepper, and cook in the oil until golden brown on the outside, 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients up to the spinach.
- Lock the lid in place; select Manual mode on High Pressure and set the timer to 25 minutes.
- After cooking, perform a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, then a quick pressure release to let out the remaining steam, and open the lid.
- Set the IP in Sauté mode and stir in the spinach and half of the cilantro; adjust the taste with salt and black pepper, and cook until the spinach wilts, 3 minutes.
- Spoon the stew into serving bowls and top with the avocados, green chilies, remaining cilantro, and lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts per ServingCalories 595 | Fats 45.48g | Carbs 17.41g | Net Carbs 7.51g | Protein 32.98g